Saturday, 9th of March, 2013, starting from around 10:00
Praekelt have offered to host us.
- Work on improving the PyConZA 2013 web site
- Make the code easier to use for other conferences (split out theming, etc)
- Add support for editing talk submissions.
- Add support for editing and arranging the schedule via Django admin.
- Better invoice management
- Invoices should be a separate table.
- Invoices should be creatable in Django admin.
- Allow multiple invoices per person.
- Allow multiple people per invoice.
- Allow cancelling (but not deletion) of invoices.
- Support for adding news (and other templated pages) via Django admin.
- Support for adding and editing sponsors via Django admin.
- Maybe add some cool visualizations with d3:
- Number of people signed up in various categories.
- Places remaining.
- Sponsorship slots remaining.
- Days until various deadlines.
- Other improvements
- There will also be some general discussion and planning for PyConZA 2013.
Project plan for website update
- Start from the current code base (minus any sensitive data and PyConZA 2012 specific things).
- Fork a new generic version copyright Unomena and individual contributors.
- Pick a license -- BSD? GPL?
- Get people from CTPUG to hack on it.
- Create a nice splash page for the project with Unomena and CTPUG logos on it.
- Include thanks to Unomena in the default templates.
- Advertise the new project at PyCon? US 2013.
The project, named wafer, is on github
Next Meeting date
The next meeting will be 20th of April, 2013