Python Test Writing day 2009-06-06
Improve the current test coverage of the python standard library, or some other useful python package. Read the original suggestion. We aim to select a few modules to focus on over the next couple of weeks.
On the 6th of June 2009, starting in the morning (around 10:00) and continuing until whenever.
Yola (formerly Synthasite) have offered to host us at their Dunkley House offices (104 Dunkley House, Barnett Street, in Gardens: map).
Join us via IRC on #ctpug on atrum
The currently suggested list:
We worked on extending the tests for ElementTree. The following issues where added or touched as a result:
- http://bugs.python.org/issue2746 (existing issue (processing instruction) - patch & test case added)
- http://bugs.python.org/issue6230 (repr bug)
- http://bugs.python.org/issue6231 (ElementInclude bug)
- http://bugs.python.org/issue6232 (suggested improvements to test_xml_etree.py and test_xml_etree_c.py
- http://bugs.python.org/issue6233 (py3k encoding bug)
- http://bugs.python.org/issue6265 (cElementTree & ElementTree raise different exceptions)
- http://bugs.python.org/issue6266 (cElementTree & ElementTree can return differently encoded strings)